Thursday, December 9, 2010

Is it weekend yet?

Thank God it's almost Friday!

The new job started this weekend and is going well. I think the first week at a new job is the hardest. I have to wake up at 5:30 instead of 7:30. I drive an hour now instead of 15 minutes. I sit all day instead of stand. And I have absolutely no idea where half the stuff in my office is located. I absolutely love it though!

My boss is very nice. My coworkers are a riot. The atmosphere is relaxed and casual and I don't feel micromanaged at all. I really enjoy the type of working I'm doing and love that I no longer have to deal with the angry public. This is such a great transition. I'm actually excited to go to work now instead of dreading each hour I have to be there.

My week has gone something like this:

Day 1
Am I going to make it on time?
Where do I park?
What door do I use?
Where's the bathroom?

Day 2
It's so early! What am I doing out of bed?
Everyone here is so nice!
I'm not sure I understand what I'm supposed to be doing with this spreadsheet.
What the CRAP AM I DOING?!
Oh no, will I ever understand this?
I wish I was home so I could cry.
Is it 5 yet?

Day 3
Oh no, they want me to work on this by myself? With no supervision?
Did I do this right?
Is it 5 yet?

Day 4
I totally get this!
I can't wait to turn this in to my boss!
It is 5 already? I really wish I had more time!

Goodness, what a week. I will be very excited to sleep in on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment