Thursday, September 2, 2010

Adventures in Insurance

With J's new job we've had to make some tough decisions about our health insurance coverage. I wish there was a manual out there that just told you what to pick. Previously, we were both on my insurance, but we wanted to examine the options now that J has insurance also.

Co-pays are nearly the exact same. Here are the coverage options. Both options include dental coverage.



So, do we pay more in premiums for a smaller deductible? Do we count on the fact that we are young and healthy and rarely get sick? We decided that the best coverage for us now is for J and I to use our individual plans. Once we have kids (if ever) it will make more sense for us to go with my insurance, as my family plan covers the whole family while J's insurance goes up with each family member that is added to the policy.

I'm confident that we made the right decision, but if not we can decide again in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment